Development Release: Exo 0.11.3
Xfce 4.14 development has been picking up steam in the past few months. With the release of Exo 0.11.3, things are only going to get steamier.
What is Exo?
Exo is an Xfce library for application development. It was introduced years ago to aid the development of Xfce applications. It’s not used quite as heavily these days, but you’ll still find Exo components in Thunar (the file manager) and Xfce Settings Manager.
Exo provides custom widgets and APIs that extend the functionality of GLib and GTK+ (both 2 and 3). It also provides the mechanisms for defining preferred applications in Xfce.
What’s New in Exo 0.11.3?
exo-csource: Added a new
--outputflag to write the generated output to a file (Xfce #12901)
exo-helper: Added a new
--queryflag to determine the preferred application (Xfce #8579)
- Build requirements were updated. Exo now requires GTK+ 2.24, GTK 3.20, GLib 2.42, and libxfce4ui 4.12
- Building GTK+ 3 libraries is no longer optional
- Default debug setting is now “yes” instead of “full”. This means that builds will not fail if there are deprecated GTK+ symbols (and there are plenty).
- Discard preferred application selection if dialog is canceled (Xfce #8802)
- Do not ship generic category icons, these are standard (Xfce #9992)
- Do not abort builds due to deprecated declarations (Xfce #11556)
- Fix crash in Thunar on selection change after directory change (Xfce #13238)
- Fix crash in exo-helper-1 from GTK 3 migration (Xfce #13374)
- Fix ExoIconView being unable to decrease its size (Xfce #13402)
- Add missing per-release API indices
- Resolve undocumented symbols (100% symbol coverage)
- Updated project documentation (HACKING, README, THANKS)
Amharic, Asturian, Catalan, Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Galician, Greek, Indonesian, Kazakh, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmal, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai
The latest version of Exo can always be downloaded from the Xfce archives. Grab version 0.11.3 from the below link.
- SHA-256: 448d7f2b88074455d54a4c44aed08d977b482dc6063175f62a1abfcf0204420a
- SHA-1: 758ced83d97650e0428563b42877aecfc9fc3c81
- MD5: c1801052163cbd79490113f80431674a