MenuLibre 2.2.0 Released
After 2.5 years of on-again/off-again development, a new stable release of MenuLibre is now available! This release includes a vast array of changes since 2.0.7 and is recommended for all users.
Since MenuLibre 2.0.7, the previous stable release.
- Support for Budgie, Cinnamon, EDE, KDE Plasma, LXQt, MATE, and Pantheon desktop environments
- Version 1.1 of the Desktop Entry specification is now supported
- Improved KeyFile backend for better file support
- Integrated window identification for the StartupWmClass key
- New dialog and notification for reviewing invalid desktop entries
- New button to test launchers without saving
- New button to sort menu directory contents alphabetically
- Subdirectories can now be added to preinstalled system paths
- Menu updates are now delayed to prevent file writing collisions
- New layout preferences! Budgie, GNOME, and Pantheon utilize client side decorations (CSD) while other desktops continue to use server side decorations (SSD) with a toolbar and menu.
- Simplified and easier-to-use widgets for Name, Comment, DBusActivatable, Executable, Hidden, Icon, and Working Directory keys
- Hidden items are now italicized in the treeview
- Directories are now represented by the folder icon
- Updated application icon
Source tarball (md5, sig)
Available on Debian Testing/Unstable and Ubuntu 18.04 “Bionic Beaver”. Included in Xubuntu 18.04.